The retail industry is often lauded for its resilience and adaptability, however, we wanted to find out how our community is really feeling about the state of the market at this time.
Having spoken to over 300 professional buyers and store owners across lifestyle retail, in this magazine, we’ve not just set the scene for the current retail challenges and opportunities but also tapped into some of the industry’s greatest minds for tips and advice for what to do next.
Welcome to the first issue of Retail Revealed, the retail brand and buyer’s mid-year guide to all things industry, customer behaviour, trends, and product insight.
STATE OF THE MARKET
- 61% are somewhat concerned about the future of their business
- 75% say their physical store is a higher revenue earner than e-commerce
- 30% are experiencing supply chain issues
- 55% consider sourcing unique stock to be a challenge
- 26% have had to stop international importing due to limitations and difficulties
- 81% of those who have tried Social Selling consider it successful
- 42% are responsible for marketing their business in some way